U.S.-China Nuclear Cooperation Agreement [electronic resource].
- [S.l] : [publisher not identified], 2015.
- Government document
1 online resource (1 online resource (27 pages)) : digital, PDF file
Diplomatic and consular service.
- System Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
- Discusses U.S.-China Nuclear Cooperation Agreement, which would permit sales of U.S. nuclear technology to China, focusing on Congressional roles in crafting and carrying out the agreement. Surveys history of the U.S.-China Agreement covering strategic interests, summits and timeline, Congressional concerns in early 1980s, President Reagan visit to China in 1984, President Reagan submitting the Agreement in 1985, issues during 1985 Congressional review, legislation and P.L. 99-183, sanctions after the 1989 Tiananmen Square crackdown, implementation of the 1985 Agreement, and nuclear cooperation restrictions on countries assisting Iran.
This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 06-RL-33192 in the 2006 issue.
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed June 2015). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Library of Congress. Foreign Affairs Division.
- Other format:
- Microfiche version: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division. U.S.-China Nuclear Cooperation Agreement
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|