Stored Communications Act [electronic resource] : Reform of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA).
- [S.l] : [publisher not identified], 2015.
- Government document
1 online resource (1 online resource (19 pages)) : digital, PDF file
- Electronic mail systems.
Privacy, Right of.
- System Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
- Discusses reform of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA), to both protect the privacy of an individual's electronic communications and provide the Government with a lawful means for accessing these communications if sufficient process is followed. Outlines background and history of legal environment prior to ECPA and the problem precipitating ECPA passage. Surveys current legal framework for accessing electronic communications and other non-content information from providers, and describes specific types of data accessible under ECPA. Explores various bills that would amend ECPA, including selected legal issues raised by these measures.
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed June 2015). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Other format:
- Microfiche version: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. American Law Division. Stored Communications Act
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|