Food Safety Issues for the 114th Congress [electronic resource].
- [S.l] : [publisher not identified], 2015.
- Government document
1 online resource (1 online resource (31 pages)) : digital, PDF file
- Agriculture and state.
- System Details:
- System requirements: PDF reader software.
- Examines food safety issues of concern to the 114th Congress, in light of continued prevalence of food safety incidents and challenges facing FDA in implementing P.L. 111-353, the FDA Food Safety Modernization Act, which provides comprehensive FDA regulatory authorities. Discusses issues related to oversight, implementation, and funding of P.L. 111-353; food safety regulations for produce growers; meat and poultry inspection; antibiotic use in animal agriculture; seafood and fisheries products; fraud concerning food and food ingredients; next omnibus farm bill; imported foods; criminal penalties and enforcement; Bisphenol A; dietary supplements; pesticide residues; agricultural biotechnology; and proposed establishment of single food agency.
This report is one in a series of updates. For the most recent coverage of this report series, please see 15-R4-2885a in the 2015 issue.
- CRS Report.
Record is based on bibliographic data in ProQuest U.S. Congressional Research Digital Collection (last viewed May 2015). Reuse except for individual research requires license from ProQuest, LLC.
- Other format:
- Microfiche version: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service. Resources, Science, and Industry Division. Food Safety Issues for the 114th Congress
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|