Zucked : waking up to the Facebook catastrophe / Roger McNamee.
- New York : Penguin Press, 2019.
336 pages ; 24 cm
- Facebook (Electronic resource) -- Social aspects.
Online social networks -- Political aspects -- United States.
Disinformation -- United States.
Propaganda -- Technological innovations.
Zuckerberg, Mark, 1984- -- Influence.
United States -- Politics and government.
- "If you had told Roger McNamee even three years ago that he would soon be devoting himself to stopping Facebook from destroying our democracy, he would have howled with laughter. He had mentored many tech leaders in his illustrious career as an investor, but few things had made him prouder, or been better for his fund's bottom line, than his early service to Mark Zuckerberg. Still a large shareholder in Facebook, he had every good reason to stay on the bright side. Until he simply couldn't. ZUCKED is McNamee's intimate reckoning with the catastrophic failure of the head of one of the world's most powerful companies to face up to the damage he is doing. It's a story that begins with a series of rude awakenings. First there is the author's dawning realization that the platform is being manipulated by some very bad actors. Then there is the even more unsettling realization that Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg are unable or unwilling to share his concerns, polite as they may be to his face"-- Provided by publisher.
- The strangest meeting ever
Silicon valley before Facebook
Move fast and break things
The children of Fogg
Mr. Harris and Mr. McNamee go to Washington
Congress gets serious
The Facebook way
Facebook digs in its heels
Cambridge analytica changes everything
Days of reckoning
The future of society
The future of you.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 313-320) and index.
- 9780525561354 (hardcover)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|