Leo Houck : a biography of boxing's uncrowned middleweight champion / Randy L. Swope; foreword by Edward B. Hauck.
- Jefferson, North Carolina : McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers, 
vii, 190 pages ; 26 cm
- Houck, Leo F. (Leo Florian), 1888-1950.
Boxers (Sports) -- United States -- Biography.
- "While many of his peers began their careers as farmers and factory workers, Leo Florian Houck became a boxing sensation at age 14. This biography details Houck's early years in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, his long career in the ring--including 200 fights--and his 27 years as Penn State's legendary boxing coach"-- Provided by publisher.
- Growing up in Cabbage-Hill
Turning professional at fourteen
Winning at home 1905/1906/1907
Lightweight champion of Lancaster County 1908/1909
From lightweight to middleweight in twenty-eight bouts 1910
"Vive la Leo" 1911
Top of the heap 1912/1913
Baseball, the blahs, and catchweight battles 1914/1915/1916
Light heavyweight sensation 1917/1918
Greb and Gibbons give Leo fits 1919
Grandpa draws with Tunney 1920
Leo and Jack Dempsey 1921
"TriunFo en Cuba" 1922
Penn State's first legendary coach
Leo and the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission
Appendix : Leo F. Hauck's professional fight record.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|