Paper tigers [electronic resource] / a KPJR Films production ; producers, Karen Pritzker, James Redford ; directed by James Redford.
- Other Title:
- Paper tigers : one high school's unlikely success story
One high school's unlikely success story
- [Wilmington, Delaware] : KPJR Films, [2015?] , ©2015
1 online resource (1 streaming video file (102 min.)) : digital, sound, color
- Lincoln Alternative High School (Walla Walla, Wash.)
Youth with social disabilities -- Education -- Washington (State)
Alternative education -- Washington (State) -- Walla Walla.
Anger in adolescence -- United States.
Aggressiveness in adolescence -- United States.
School discipline -- Washington (State) -- Walla Walla.
Psychic trauma in adolescence.
Stress in adolescence.
- System Details:
- System requirements: Adobe Flash Player or compatible software.
Mode of access: World Wide Web.
video file MPEG-4
- Paper Tigers chronicles a year in the life of Lincoln High School in the community of Walla Walla, Washington. The kids who come to Lincoln have a history of truancy, behavioral problems and substance abuse. After Lincoln's principal is exposed to research about the effects of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs), he decides to radically change the school's approach to discipline. With the aid of diary camera footage, the film follows six students. From getting into fights, grappling with traumatic events in their lives, and on the cusp of dropping out, they find healing, support and academic promise at Lincoln High.
- Featuring: Staff and Students of Lincoln High School in Walla Walla, Washington.
- Editor, Jen Bradwell ; Director of photography, Tylor Norwood ; Music by Todd Boekelheide ; Line producer, Shannon Stirone-Norwood ; Executive producer, Karen Pritzker ; Executive producer, Regina K. Scully ; Co-producer, Dana Schwartz.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2015.
Gold Space Needle Award Runner Up: Seattle International Film Festival, 2015
Official Selection: Mill Valley Film Festival, 2015
Description based on online resource; title from title screen (KPJR Films, viewed March 23, 2016).
- Redford, James, 1962- director, screenwriter.
Pritzker, Karen, film producer.
Schwartz, Dana, film producer.
Bradwell, Jen, film editor.
Norwood, Tylor, cinematographer.
KPJR Films, production company, publisher.
- Other format:
- DVD version: Paper tigers.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|