Institutions of Hanseatic trade [electronic resource] : studies on the political economy of a medieval network organisation / Ulf Christian Ewert, Stephan Selzer.
- Other Title:
- Knowledge Unlatched.
- Frankfurt am Main ; New York : Peter Lang Edition, 
1 online resource.
- Hanseatic League -- History.
Hansa towns -- History.
Baltic Sea Region -- Commerce -- History.
North Sea Region -- Commerce -- History.
Merchants -- Baltic Sea Region -- History -- To 1500.
Merchants -- North Sea Region -- History -- To 1500.
Business networks -- Baltic Sea Region -- History -- To 1500.
Business networks -- North Sea Region -- History -- To 1500.
- "The merchants of the medieval Hanse monopolised trade in the Baltic and North Sea areas. The authors describe the structure of their trade system in terms of network organisation and attempts to explain, on the grounds of institutional economics, the coordination of the merchants' commercial exchange by reputation, trust and culture. The institutional economics approach also allows for a comprehensive analysis of coordination problems arising between merchants, towns and the 'Kontore.' Due to the simplicity and flexibility of network trade, the Hansards could bridge the huge gap in economic development between the West and the East. In the changing economic conditions around 1500, however, exactly these characteristics proved to be a serious limit to further retain their trade monopoly"--Provided by publisher.
- Hanse History and Economics : a New Institutional Economics Perspective on Hanseatic Trade
Culture, Trust and Reputation : the Network Structure of Hanseatic Trade and its Benefits
"Small World" Reconstruction and Meaning of the Hansards' Social Networks
Bridging Distances and Filling Gaps : Strategies to Handle Heterogeneous Commercial Environments
State of Cities, Commercial Trust or Virtual Organisation? : Structure and Coordination of the Hanse
Competitive Advantage or Limit to Business? : Contingency and Path Dependence
Perspectives of Research into Hanseatic Trade : the Impact of the Model of Network Organisation.
- OCLC-licensed vendor bibliographic record.
- Local notes:
- Knowledge Unlatched KU Select 2017: Backlist Collection
- Selzer, Stephan, 1968- author.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|