Manga vision [electronic resource] : cultural and communicative perspectives / editors: Sarah Pasfield-Neofitou, Cathy Sell ; with manga artist Queenie Chan.
- Other Title:
- Knowledge Unlatched.
- [CA & US version].
- Clayton, Vic. : Monash University Publishing, 2016.
- Cultural studies
1 online resource : illustrations.
- Comic books, strips, etc. -- Social aspects -- Japan.
Comic books, strips, etc. -- Social aspects.
Comic books, strips, etc., in art.
Comic books, strips, etc., in education.
Subculture -- Japan.
- "Manga Vision examines cultural and communicative aspects of Japanese comics, drawing together scholars from Japan, Australia and Europe working in areas as diverse as cultural studies, linguistics, education, music, art, anthropology, and translation, to explore the influence of manga in Japan and worldwide via translation, OEL manga and fan engagement. The volume includes a mix of theoretical, methodological, empirical and professional practice-based chapters, examining manga from both academic and artistic perspectives. Manga Vision also provides the reader with a multimedia experience, featuring original artwork by Australian manga artist Queenie Chan, cosplay photographs, and an online supplement offering musical compositions inspired by manga, and downloadable manga-related teaching resources."--Publisher's description.
- Image to object, illustration to costume: Australian cosplayers and cosplay 'ways of seeing' manga / Claire Langsford
Beyond 'Japaneseness': representative possibilities of original English language manga in Svetlana Chmakova's Dramacon / Angela Moreno Acosta
The changing role of manga and anime magazines in the Japanese animation industry / Renato Rivera Rusca
From victim to Kira: death note and the misplaced agencies of cosmic justice / Corey Bell
Exploring Yaoi fan's online practices in an online community / Simon Turner
An evaluation of Physicality in the Bara manga of Bádi magazine / Thomas Baudinette
Finding music in manga: exploring Yaoi through contemporary piano composition / Paul Smith
Nodame's language lessons / Tomoko Aoyama and Belinda Kennett
Writing another's tongue: orthographic representations of non-fluency in Japanese manga / Wes Robertson
Factors influencing non-native reader's sequencing of Japanese manga panels / James F. Lee and William S. Armour
Manga in the English as a foreign language classroom / Lara Promnitz-Hayashi
Impolite language in manga / Lidia Tanaka
Ken-Honyaku-ryū: issues in the translation of controversial texts focusing on the manga comics Hate Korean Wave and Hate Japanese Wave / Adam Antoni Zulawnik
The sound of silence: translating onomatopoeia and mimesis in Japanese manga / Cathy Sell and Sarah Pasfield-Neofitou
Manga spectacles: manga as a multimodal research tool / Cathy Sell.
- OCLC-licensed vendor bibliographic record.
- Local notes:
- Knowledge Unlatched KU Select 2017: Backlist Collection
- Pasfield-Neofitou, Sarah E., editor.
Sell, Cathy, editor.
Chan, Queenie, artist.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|