What is democracy / the National Film Board of Canada presents ; a film by Astra Taylor ; produced by Lea Marin ; executive producer, Anita Lee
- [Montréal, Quebec] : ONF/NFB, 2018. , ©2019
- New York : Kino Lorber, 
- Government document
1 videodisc (107 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. cm
4 3/4 in. color
- Documentary films.
- Close captioned.
- System Details:
- Director Astra Taylor's idiosyncratic, philosophical journey spans millennia and continents: from ancient Athens' groundbreaking experiment in self-government to capitalism's roots in medieval Italy; from modern-day Greece grappling with financial collapse and a mounting refugee crisis to the United States reckoning with its racist past and the growing gap between rich and poor. Featuring a diverse cast--including celebrated theorists, trauma surgeons, activists, factory workers, asylum seekers, and former prime ministers--this urgent film connects the past and the present, the emotional and the intellectual, the personal and the political, in order to provoke and inspire. If we want to live in democracy, we must first ask what the word even means.
- Editor, Robert Kennedy ; director of photography, Maya Bankovic.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 2018.
- Taylor, Astra, fillm director, screenwriter.
Marin, Lea, film producer.
Lee, Anita, film producer.
Bankovic, Maya, director of photography.
National Film Board of Canada, presenter, publisher.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|