10 met een griffel : portretten van de mooiste Haagse scholen / tekst, Botine Koopmans ; fotografie, Dick Valentijn.
- Other Title:
- Tien met een griffel
- [The Hague] : Afdeling Monumentenzorg en Welstand, gemeente Den Haag,  , ©2018
- VOM-reeks ; 2018 nr.1.
VOM-reeks ; 2018, nummer 1
368 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 31 cm.
- School buildings -- Netherlands -- Hague -- History.
- History of education in The Hague, with ample attention to and many photographs of the most beautiful still existing school buildings in the city. From modest primary schools to imposing secondary education schools, all of these school buildings tell in stone the history of education that is characterized by a continuous change of visions and regulations. A fascinating history, certainly in The Hague where there are a striking number of 'first schools in the Netherlands', such as the first gymnasium and the first open-air school. This book offers a wonderful overview of the best examples of school architecture in The Hague. On the basis of a description and photos you can see how the schools change their appearance over the years. A richly decorated Neo-Renaissance "fairy tale castle" gives a very different experience than an anthroposophical building. Former students also tell how they experienced their school time.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 366-367) and indexes.
- Valentijn, Dick, photographer.
Hague (Netherlands). Afdeling Monumentenzorg en Welstand.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|