Mitchell & Kenyon. 753, [Views of unidentified town centre] (c. 1902) [electronic resource] / [filmed by James Kenyon and Sagar Mitchell].
- Other Title:
- Whitehaven Street scenes
Views of unidentified town centre
- [London, England] : British Film Institute, 1902.
1 online resource (2 minutes) : silent
- City and town life -- England -- Whitehaven.
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- This edition silent.
- System Details:
- video file
- The town in this particularly attractive film, originally one of our 'Edwardian Enigmas', has now been positively identified as Whitehaven, on the Cumbrian coast. The Anchor Vaults pub still stands on the corner of Queen Street and Market Place today. At one point a pair of showmen lark about with vegetables from a street grocer's stall, then hand out handbills advertising this film's screening. Special thanks to John Addy and Michael Burdett for diligently working out the location from clues in the film.
- Title from resource description page (viewed May 21, 2018).
- Mitchell, Sagar, 1866-1952, filmmaker.
Kenyon, James, 1850-1925, filmmaker.
Mitchell and Kenyon, production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|