The silent teacher [electronic resource] / producer, Ging Lee ; director, Maso Chen ; the Classic Vision Co. Ltd.
- Other Title:
- Academic Video Online.
- Taipei Shi : Activator Marketing Co., Ltd., 2016.
1 online resource (75 minutes)
- Donation of organs, tissues, etc. -- Taiwan.
- Documentary films.
- In Mandarin, with Chinese and English subtitles.
- System Details:
- video file
- When Mrs. Lin, a beloved wife and mother, passes away, her husband and children make the difficult decision to donate her body for medical research. Defying Taiwanese customs that prescribe how to treat the body of someone who has died, Mr. Lin connects with the body donation program, whose members guide him through a full-year donation process. Periodically, Mr. Lin visits his wife's body, talking to her, brushing her hair and trying to maintain a loving connection to her soul. The medical students embark on their own soulful journey as they prepare to accept Mrs. Lin's body as their silent teacher. This deeply moving film captures an extraordinary level of respect not usually seen in Western medicine as the students delve far beyond the study of human anatomy and explore the deeper meaning that exists in love, life, death and the afterlife.
- Title from resource description page (viewed January 03, 2019).
- Chen, Zhihan, 1979- director.
Li, Mengjin, producer.
Jiu shi jie wen hua yi shu you xian gong si, production company.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|