Future makers. Episode 4, Breaking boundaries [electronic resource] / directors, Nathalie Bibeau, Nimisha Mukerji, Andrew Murray, Christine Nielsen ; produced by White Pine Pictures.
- Other Title:
- Breaking boundaries
- Toronto, ON : White Pine Pictures, 2017.
1 online resource (59 minutes)
- Space suits -- Technological innovations.
Architecture and society -- Canada.
Political participation -- Canada.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- video file
- Future Makers is a series telling the stories of a new generation of passionate change-makers. Their work is shaping and defining our future in inspiring and imaginative ways. Dr. Shawna Pandya, a 32 year old physician and neuroscientist is a citizen scientist- astronaut candidate to voyage into outer space with NASA-supported project PoSSUM. Shawna volunteers for a test flight to evaluate a new spacesuit prototype for the space-tech company Final Frontier. Toronto-based Partisans design and architecture firm was co-founded by Alexander Josephson, 33 with the mantra of re-inventing urban architecture utilizing a future-forward approach. Alexander leads the nerd-cool design team (average age 26) on new design projects and shares experiences of recent design accomplishments. At 17, Maya Burhanpurkar is a brilliant young scientist, inventor, award-winning filmmaker, STEM champion and explorer. At her young age she has already made groundbreaking discoveries in medicine and physics. Maya is part of a university institute team designing and testing a selfdriving robotic wheelchair. We also see Maya working as an advocate to encourage more girls to pursue careers in male-dominated science. Of Arabic descent, 27-year old Caro Loutfi learned the value of democracy from her father who escaped Lebanon as the civil war began. Caro is on a life's mission to make democracy cool and increase voter turnout among apathetic millennials through art and technology. As Executive Director of Apathy is Boring, Caro launches a 5 city outdoor photo projection project to engage millennials with remarkable results.
- Narrated by Sarah Polley.
- Title from resource description page (viewed December 07, 2018).
- Nielsen, Christine (Film director), director.
Murray, Andrew (Film director), director.
Mukerji, Nimisha, director.
Bibeau, Nathalie, director.
Polley, Sarah, narrator.
White Pine Pictures, production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|