The learning classroom. Session 6, The classroom mosaic [electronic resource] : culture and learning / a production of Detroit Public Television, Mort Crim Communications Incorporated.
- Other Title:
- Learning classroom : theory into practice
- District of Columbia : Annenberg Learner, 2003.
1 online resource (29 minutes)
- Learning, Psychology of.
- Instructional films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- video file
- This program discusses how culturally responsive teaching enables students to create connections, access prior knowledge and experience, and develop competence. Featured are a sixth-grade teacher and two ninth-grade teachers, with expert commentary from University of Wisconsin professor Gloria Ladson-Billings and University of Arizona professor Luis Moll. About the series: A video course for K-12 teachers; 13 half-hour video programs, print guide, and Web site; graduate credit available. This video-based course is an exploration of learning theory - appropriate for grades K-12 and all subject areas - for the training of preservice teachers and the professional development of inservice teachers. Hosted by Stanford University professor Linda Darling-Hammond, the 13 half-hour programs illustrate a variety of learning theories with applications to classroom practice. A Web site and print guide supplement the videos, with background readings, questions for discussion, and ongoing assignments that bring theory into practice. Produced by Detroit Public Television and Mort Crim Communications. 2003.
- "Theory into practice".
Title from resource description page (viewed August 14, 2018).
- Danielian, Tim, director.
Shaker, Vidya, producer.
Darling-Hammond, Linda, 1951- onscreen presenter.
Detroit Public Television, production company.
Mort Crim Communications, production company.
Annenberg Learner (Firm), film distributor.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|