Chemistry. Unit 4, Organizing atoms and electrons [electronic resource] : the periodic table / [produced by the Science Media Group at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics].
- Other Title:
- Chemistry : challenges and solutions
- District of Columbia : Annenberg Learner, 2014.
1 online resource (29 minutes)
Chemistry, Physical and theoretical.
Periodic table of the elements.
- Instructional films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- video file
- For centuries, chemists tried different methods to organize elements around patterns of chemical and physical trends, or regularities, eventually leading to the modern periodic table. Electron configuration is a powerful predictive tool, a simple extension from the periodic table. Physical characteristics, including atomic radius and reactivity, all depend on electron configuration and can be teased from a careful understanding of the periodic table. A living document, the periodic table is continually updated as new manmade heavy elements are discovered in research laboratories.
- "Challenges and solutions".
Title from resource description page (viewed August 14, 2018).
- Grainger, Clive A., producer.
Radhakrishnan, Mala L., onscreen presenter.
Lewicke, Anna, narrator.
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics. Science Media Group, production company.
Annenberg Learner (Firm), film distributor.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|