Music and society. Island of temples [electronic resource] / directed by Deben Bhattacharya ; produced by Seabourne Enterprises (Film Productions) Limited.
- Other Title:
- Bali, Isle of temples
- Montpelier, VT : Multicultural Media, 2003.
1 online resource (27 minutes)
- Folk music -- Indonesia -- Bali (Province).
Folk dance music -- Indonesia -- Bali (Province).
Barong (Dance drama).
Kecak (Dance drama).
Hinduism -- Indonesia -- Bali (Province).
Vocal music -- Indonesia -- Bali (Province).
Music -- Indonesia -- Bali (Province).
Bali Island (Indonesia) -- Social life and customs.
- Documentary films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- video file
- Filmed entirely in Bali - the famed Hindu island in the archipelago of Indonesia - this historical video shows the day-to-day life of the islanders, their folk songs, gamelan orchestras and dance dramas. The temple is the focal point of each village where the villagers gather for religious ceremonies as well as for music and dance. The film features stunning, rarely captured footage of two religious dance/dramas named Barong, and Ketchak, the legendary "monkey chant".
- Title from resource description page (viewed July 11, 2018).
- Bhattacharya, Deben, director, producer.
Seabourne Enterprises, production company.
Multicultural Media (Firm : Barre, Vt.), film distributor.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|