Stratford Festival HD. The adventures of Pericles [electronic resource] / a Melbar Entertainment Group presentation of a Barry Avrich production ; directed for the stage by Scott Wentworth ; by William Shakespeare.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- Adventures of Pericles
- Stratford, ON : Stratford Festival, 2016.
- Conference Name:
- Stratford Festival (Ont.), production company.
1 online resource (142 minutes)
- Princes -- Lebanon -- Tyre -- Drama.
- In English.
- System Details:
- video file
- A storm at sea brings love into the life of Pericles, Prince of Tyre; another snatches it away. This magical production of Shakespeare's epic tale follows a fairy-tale hero on a miraculous journey as fate guides the wandering hero to one of literature's most poignant reunions. Evan Buliung gives a sweeping performance, portraying the dashing young prince with verve and swagger, and taking him into his elder years with sorrowful tenderness. It is a story rarely told, and one you won't soon forget. Filmed live on stage at the Stratford Festival as part of the 2016 Stratford Festival HD Series. Audience Advisory: Addresses mature themes including the suggestion of incest without any on film depiction.
- Evan Buliung (Pericles), Sean Arbuckle (Cleon), Deborah Hay (Thaisa, Marina, and Antiochus' daughter), Claire Lautier (Dionyza), Brigit Wilson (Bawd), Antoine Yared (Lysimachus), Marion Adler (Lychorida and Diana), Wayne Best (Antiochus and Simonides).
- Directed for film by Barry Avrich.
- Title from resource description page (viewed December 17, 2018).
"An HD film based on the Stratford Festival's production of The adventures of Pericles"-- title screen.
Recorded live Tom Patterson Theatre.
- Wentworth, Scott, stage director.
Avrich, Barry, film director, producer.
Buliung, Evan, actor.
Adler, Marion (Actor), actor.
Hay, Deborah (Actor), actor.
Best, Wayne, actor.
Arbuckle, Sean, actor.
Lautier, Claire, 1969- actor.
Yared, Antoine, actor.
Wilson, Brigit, actor.
Melbar Entertainment Group (Firm), production company.
- Container of: Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. Pericles.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|