Superlife. Corn [electronic resource] : "king of grains" / director, Yoshitaka Nitta ; producer, Akiko Nakano ; an NHK/NHK Enterprises co-production.
- Other Title:
- Super corn : the king of grains
Superlife : superfoods
Superlife : genetic manipulation
Genetic engineering to reduce chemical use and increase yield
- Wheeling, IL : Film Ideas, Incorporated, 2014.
1 online resource (7 minutes)
- Corn -- Genetic engineering.
- Educational films.
- In English.
- System Details:
- video file
- Designing Life. Man has been doing it for over 10,000 years. You may not be aware of it, but we are surrounded by "Superlife," life-forms manipulated by Man. Super Corn: The King of Grains, part of the Superlife Series, looks at genetic engineering to reduce chemical use and increase yield. Note- Superlife explores the science of how mankind is manipulating life for its benefit. The series does not attempt to address the concerns surrounding cloning, genetically modified organisms or the ethics of certain farming practices.
- Narrated by Duncan Macintyre.
- "Genetic manipulation".
Title from resource description page (viewed March 21, 2018).
- Nitta, Yoshitaka, 1944- director.
Nakano, Akiko, producer.
Macintyre, Duncan, narrator.
NHK Entāpuraizu, production company.
Nihon Hōsō Kyōkai, production company.
- Other format:
- Original version:
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|