Live from Stratford-upon-Avon. Cymbeline [electronic resource] / William Shakespeare ; director, Melly Still ; producer, Zoë Donegan ; screen director, Matthew Woodward ; producer, John Wyver ; Picture House Entertainment ; a Royal Shakespeare Company presentation.
- Other Title:
- Stratford-on-Avon, England : Royal Shakespeare Company, 2016.
1 online resource (188 minutes)
- Great Britain -- History -- Roman period, 55 B.C.-449 A.D. -- Drama.
- In English.
- System Details:
- video file
- Britain is in crisis. An ineffectual Queen Cymbeline rules over a divided dystopian Britain. Consumed with grief at the death of two of her children, Cymbeline's judgment is clouded. When Innogen, the only living heir, marries her sweetheart Posthumus in secret, an enraged Cymbeline banishes him. Behind the throne, a power-hungry figure plots to seize power by murdering them both. In exile Innogen's husband is tricked into believing she has been unfaithful to him and in an act of impulsive jealousy begins a scheme to have her murdered. Warned of the danger, Innogen runs away from court in disguise and begins a journey fraught with danger that will eventually reunite Cymbeline with a long-lost heir and reconcile the young lovers.
- Gilian Bevan, Bethan Culinane, Hiran Abeysekera, Kelly Williams, James Clyde, Romayne Andres, Doreene Blackstock, Eke Chuwku, James Cooney, Marième Diouf, Jenny Fennessy, Kevin N. Golding, Marcus Griffiths, Oliver Johnstone, Bryon Mondahl, Theo Ogundipe, Natalie Simpson, Graham Turner, Temi Wilkey.
- Designer, Anna Fleischle ; lighting, Philip Gladwell ; music, Dave Price ; sound, Jonathan Ruddick ; movement, Emily Mytton ; fights, Terry King ; video, Dick Straker.
- Title from resource description page (viewed May 09, 2018).
Recorded live Royal Shakespeare Theatre, Stratford-upon-Avon 28 September 2016.
- Still, Melly, stage director.
Woodward, Matt, film director.
Donegan, Zoe, producer.
Wyver, John, producer.
Bevan, Gillian, 1956- actor.
Cullinane, Bethan, actor.
Abeysekera, Hiran, actor.
Williams, Kelly (Actor), actor.
Griffiths, Marcus, actor.
Picturehouse (Firm), production company.
Royal Shakespeare Company, performer, production company.
- Container of: Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. Cymbeline.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|