Voices & visions. 4, T. S. Eliot [electronic resource] / a CVH, New York Center for Visual History production ; written and directed by Lawrence Pitkethly ; producers, Sasha Alpert, Lawrence Pitkethly.
- Other Title:
- T. S. Eliot
- District of Columbia : Annenberg Learner, 1988.
1 online resource (57 minutes)
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Poets, American -- 20th century -- Biography.
American poetry -- History and criticism.
American poetry -- 20th century.
- Biographical television programs.
- In English.
- System Details:
- video file
- Eliot's life, influence, and poetry from the bold originality of "Prufrock" to the probing, meditative style of "Four Quartets" are explored with photos, archival footage, and discussion with friends, critics, and scholars. About the Series: The lives and works of 13 renowned American poets are interpreted through dramatic readings, archival photographs, dance, performances, and interviews in this inspiring series. Illustrative poems in each program are accompanied by insights into their historical and cultural connections. The series covers the terminology of poetry and the larger role of poets in American and world literature studies. Poets include Langston Hughes, Robert Frost, Emily Dickinson, and Elizabeth Bishop.
- Music, the Endellion Quartet.
- Title from resource description page (viewed August 14, 2018).
- Pitkethly, Lawrence, director, producer.
Alpert, Sasha, producer.
New York Center for Visual History, production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|