Poetry in America. Harlem by Langston Hughes [electronic resource] / with Elisa New ; written and directed by Elisa New ; producer, Leah Reis-Dennis ; Verse Video Education.
- Other Title:
- Harlem by Langston Hughes
Academic Video Online.
- Arlington, VA : Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), 2017.
1 online resource (26 minutes)
- Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 -- Criticism and interpretation.
African American poets -- 20th century -- Biography.
American poetry -- History and criticism.
Dreams in literature.
- Documentary television programs.
- In English.
- System Details:
- video file
- "Harlem" by Langston Hughes, featuring Herbie Hancock, Bill Clinton, Sonia Sanchez, and a chorus of kids at the Harlem Children's Zone. Poetry in America gathers distinguished interpreters from all walks of life to explore and debate 12 unforgettable American poems. Athletes and poets, politicians and musicians, architects, scientists, actors, entrepreneurs, and citizens of all ages join host and Harvard professor Elisa New to experience and share the power of poetry in this visually dazzling and archivally rich series.
- Elisa New, host ; featured guests, Bill Clinton, Herbie Hancock, Sonia Sanchez, Anaya Brown, Christina Duncan, Khadijah Hill, Monique Singleton, Kendal Spivey, Jonathan Striggles, Elad Thomas, Elijah Williams, Bryan Wilson.
- Title from resource description page (viewed January 03, 2019).
- New, Elisa, director, host.
Reis-Dennis, Leah, producer.
Verse Video Education (Firm), production company.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|