Marcus Weber : Krazy Dog Moon Kat : Villa Merkel, Galerie der Stadt Esslingen / Herausgeber, Andreas Baur für Galerie der Stadt Esslingen am Neckar ; Texte, Andreas Baur, Thomas Groetz, Esther Leslie.
- Other Title:
- Krazy Dog Moon Kat
- Köln : Snoeck,  , ©2019
136 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 28 cm
- Weber, Marcus -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Parallel texts in German and English.
- This book presents for the first time a wide selection of paintings by the artist, who was born in Stuttgart in 1965 and now lives in Berlin. They are narrative tongue-in-cheek images, allusive group portraits and urban landscapes with grotesque re-wordings of social orders, and caricatured and exaggerated individual characters. There are flashes of painterly sophistication, so that some works may be read as a capriccio, desolate and romantic at the same time. Great painters seem to always resonate? Marcus Weber displays an unmistakable enthusiasm for artists such as James Ensor and Philip Guston. All in all, this creates a grotesque mixture mocking each and every hierarchy, based as much on productive bridging into the realm of comics by Georg Herriman as on art history. Weber is a genre painter in the best tradition who paints images of society. As a subtle and multi-layered reaction to current political and social conditions, these works outrival so-called new history painting, which is usually exhausted by painted copies of press photos. Accordingly, the New York Times (May 2, 2018), on the occasion of his first solo exhibition in the United States, attested to the artist a surprisingly up-to-date approach in his emulating the immutability of real life. Exhibition: Villa Merkel, Galerien der Stadt Esslingen, Germany (24.6. - 19.8.2018).
- Catalog of the exhibition "Marcus Weber. Krazy Dog Moon Kat" held at the Villa Merkel, Galerie der Stadt Esslingen am Neckar, June 24 - August 19, 2018.
Includes bibliographical references.
- Local notes:
- Catalog of the exhibition "Marcus Weber. Mrazy Dog Moon Kat" held at the Villa Merkel, Galerie der Stadt Esslingen am Neckar, June 24 - August 19, 2018
- Baur, Andreas, editor, writer of supplementary textual content.
Groetz, Thomas, writer of supplementary textual content.
Leslie, Esther, 1964- writer of supplementary textual content.
Galerie der Stadt Esslingen, host institution.
- Weber, Marcus. Paintings. Selections.
Marcus Weber. English.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|