Dance of the rain gods / written and illustrated by Julee Dickerson Thompson.
- Trenton, New Jersey : Africa World Press, Inc., 
 unnumbered pages : color illustrations ; 22 x 29 cm
- Folk literature.
Thunderstorms -- Juvenile literature.
- Picture books.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New Jersey Trenton.
- This is an African American folktale bringing us the magic behind a rainstorm. The names of the gods are derived by merely spelling the elements of a thunderstorm backwards."
- "The illustrations in this book are a combination of airbrush, laser prints, and watercolors in mixed-media collage."
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copies 1-4 presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copies 1-3 are "First Printing, 1994".
Banks Collection copy 2 has dated 21st-century manuscript gift inscription ("For Joanna Thanks for beig [sic] a Rainbow! Julee 2003") on half-title leaf.
Banks Collection copy 2 has large advertising postcard for appearances by Francine Haskins to publicize her book I remember 121 in Washington, D.C., and Oakland, Calif., addressed to Joanna Banks laid in.
Banks Collection copy 4 signed "Best Wishes Julee."
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy 1-4)
Banks, Joanna (inscription) (Banks Collection copy 2)
Thompson, Julee Dickerson (autograph) (Banks Collection copy 2 and 4)
- Penn Chronology:
- Africa World Press, Inc., publisher.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0865432589 (cloth)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|