American scary / Cinema Libre Studio presents ; Poob Productions ; in association with Z Team Productions ; written and directed by John E. Hudgens and Sandy Clark.
- [United States] : Cinema Libre Studio, ©2008.
1 videodisc (92 min.) : sound, color with black and white sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Horror television programs -- United States -- History.
Television broadcasting of horror films -- United States -- History.
Horror television programs.
Television broadcasting of horror films.
- Documentary films.
- In English; optional subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, NTSC, all regions; widescreen (1.85:1 aspect ratio) presentation; stereo.
digital optical stereo
DVD-R, NTSC all regions
- American Scary is a look at the nation's tradition of horror hosting, from Zacherley to A. Ghastlee Ghoul. Hosts of all kinds were once a staple of television, and especially local television productions. But as production demands and the availability of cheaper syndicated material changed the local TV business model, local hosts were also one of the first things to go, no matter how popular they were with the viewing public. With interviews and footage from major hosts from the 1950s to the present day, such as Zacherley, Vampira, Ghoulardi and others, along with memories from celebrities and fans who were influenced by these hosts, you'll follow this American folk art form from its glamorous beginnings, through repeated waves of popularity in the 1960s and 1970s, to its scrappy resurgence and survival in the current age of cable access and the Internet. American Scary looks to remind people how much fun local TV could be - and maybe could be again. -- Cinema Libre Studio.
- Featuring John Zacherley, Svengoolie, Vampira and many others.
- Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 2008.
Special features: audio commentary; original pitch reel; bonus interviews; original theatrical trailers; and more.
- Hudgens, John E., film director.
Clark, Sandy, film producer.
Zacherle, John, 1918-2016, on-screen participant.
Vampira, 1921-2008, on-screen participant.
McCown, Russ, on-screen participant.
Bishop, Jerry G., on-screen participant.
Gaiman, Neil, on-screen participant.
Cinema Libre Studio, publisher, presenter.
Poob Productions, film production company.
Z Team Productions, film production company.
- Publisher Number:
CLS1069 Cinema Libre Distribution
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|