Stories from the Caribbean / by Petronella Breinburg ; illustrated by Syrah Arnold and Tina Barber.
- Austin, Texas : Raintree Steck-Vaughn Publishers,  , ©2000.
- Multicultural stories.
48 pages : color illustrations ; 27 cm
- Tales -- Caribbean Area.
Folklore -- Caribbean Area.
- Childrens subjects:
- Folklore -- Caribbean Area.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Texas Austin.
- A collection of folktales from the Caribbean, including "Bre-nancy and the 13 Plantains," "Anana, the Maker," and "The Flying Slaves."
- Haunting tales: Sunny-Limp walks again
Stories for Bre-nancy: Bre-nancy and the 13 plantains
Stories from the Netherlands Antilles: Toewi and Kroemoe ; Anana, the maker
Slave stories from Surinam: The flying slaves
Trinidad and Surinam: Papa Bois.
- Includes bibliographical references (page 47).
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks with her embossed stamp on title leaf.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (stamp) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Arnold, Syrah, illustrator.
Barber, Tina, illustrator.
Raintree Steck-Vaughn Publishers, publisher.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|