Talking animals / by Wilfrid D. Hambly, D.Sc. (Oxon) author of With a Motor Truck in West Africa, Clever Hands of the African Negro, Jamba, Story of an African Hunter, Curator of African Ethnology, Chicago Natural History Museum ; illustrated by James A. Porter.
- Washington, D.C. : The Associated Publishers, Inc., [1985, ©1949].
x, 100,  pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Animals -- Africa -- Folklore.
Tales -- Africa.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Washington (D.C.)
- Introduction: Why the stories are told
Who tells these stories?
Some puzzling questions
The quest for honey
Slow and sure
Boys and birds
Adventures of hare
The man eaters
The little animals.
- Reprint. Originally published in 1949.
Includes new preface (p. [vi]) by Dorothy Porter Wesley.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copies 1 & 2 presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy 1 has stamp "Richardson Educational Information Distribution Center, Post Office Box 512, Temple Hills, Md. 20757" on p. [i].
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copies 1 & 2)
- Penn Chronology:
- Porter, James A. (James Amos), 1905-1970, illustrator.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|