Five hundred years of women's work : the Lisa Unger Baskin Collection / Edited by Naomi L. Nelson ; Lauren Reno ; Lisa Unger Baskin ; Essays by Elizabeth Campbell Denlinger ; Laura Micham ; Lisa Unger Baskin.
- Other Title:
- 500 years of women's work
- [New York City] : The Grolier Club, 2019. , ©2019
- Verona, Italy : Trifolio S.r.l.
, 7-159,  pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Baskin, Lisa Unger -- Library.
Women in the arts -- History -- Exhibitions.
Women -- History -- Exhibitions.
Women's studies -- History -- Exhibitions.
Women -- Employment -- History -- Exhibitions.
Social justice -- Women -- History -- Exhibitions.
Women authors -- History -- Exhibitions.
Women book collectors -- Library -- Exhibitions.
- Exhibition catalogs
GardaPat Kiara (Paper).
Typefaces (Type evidence) -- Edita
Typefaces (Type evidence) -- Maiola
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
United States Durham North Carolina.
- Exhibition catalog is a grand survey of women employed as: artists, scientists, book arts practioners, scholars, social justice activists, authors, and a host of other endeavors. The collection covers five hundreds years of women's work through monographs, letters, photographs, ephemeral materials, etc.
- Foreward / Naomi L. Nelson Insatiable lust: or, the story of how a nice girl from Brooklyn fell hard for books and amassed a collection spanning nine centuries / Lisa Unger Baskin Never done: research opportunities in the Lisa Unger Baskin Collection / Elizabeth Campbell Denlinger The future is female, and so was the past: The Lisa Unger Baskin Collection at Duke / Laura Micham Catalogue Exhibition checklist Acknowledgements.
- "Catalog of an exhibition held at The David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library Duke University 28 February-15 June 2019 & The Grolier Club 10 December 2019-8 February 2020"; title page verso.
"Five Hundred Years of Women's Work The Lisa Unger Baskin Collection was published on the occasion of the exhibition in a edition of 1,100 copies."; page , at end.
Copyright information from title page verso as: "© 2019 Duke University ... ".
"Printed in Italy"; back end flap. Additional imprint information from page , at end, with: "The catalogue was printed on GardaPat Kiara paper in Verona, Italy, by Massimo Tonolli, Alberto Adami, and Nadia Bottacini of Trifolio S.r.l.";
"Designed by Rita Jules, Miko McGinity Inc., the catalogue was typeset by Tina Henderson in Edita designed by Pilar Cano and Maiola by Veronika Burian, both of TypeTogether foundry.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center copy 1 contains dedication signed by Lisa Unger Baskin and Caroline Schimmel, and dated, "Feb 2019" with "Duke University" in black on title page. Copy contains a promotional multicolored sheet of paper doll figures; two envelopes of postcards with images from the collection, same images in both envelopes; and a promotions postcard inserted upside down in front of title page.
- Penn Provenance:
- Schimmel, Caroline (autograph) (copy 1)
Baskin, Lisa Unger (autograph) (copy 1)
- Penn Chronology:
- Nelson, Naomi L., active 2019, editor.
Reno, Lauren, active 2019, editor.
Baskin, Lisa Unger, collector, editor.
Denlinger, Elizabeth Campbell, contributor.
Micham, Laura, active 2019, editor.
Tonolli, Massimo, active 2019, printer.
Adami, Alberto, active 2019, printer.
Bottacini, Nadia, active 2019, printer.
Jules, Rita, active 2019, designer.
Henderson, Rita, active 2019, typsetter.
Cano, Pilar, active 2019, type designer.
Burian, Veronica, active 2019, type designer.
Grolier Club, issuing body.
David M. Rubenstein Rare Book & Manuscript Library, issuing body.
Trifolio S.r.l., (Firm), active 2019, printer.
Miko McGinity Inc., (Firm), active 2019, designer.
TypeTogether (Firm), active 2019, typographer.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|