Nikkatsu diamond guys. Volume 1.
- Other Title:
- Voice without a shadow
- Special edition.
- [United States] : Arrow Video, 
1 videodisc (269 min.) : sound, black and white, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Matsumoto, Seichō, 1909-1992 -- Film adaptations.
Murder -- Investigation -- Japan -- Drama.
Journalists -- Japan -- Drama.
Assassins -- Japan -- Drama.
Street musicians -- Japan -- Drama.
Mafia -- Japan -- Drama.
Murder -- Investigation.
- Feature films.
Action and adventure films.
Motion pictures, Japanese.
Action and adventure films.
- In Japanese; optional subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- Blu-ray disc, Regions A, B, C; widescreen (2.35:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital mono; requires Blu-ray player.
digital optical monaural Dolby Digital
video file Blu-Ray all regions
- (Kagenaki koe): when former telephone operator Asako's husband invites his boss Hamazaki over for dinner, she realizes his voice is suspiciously like that of a killer she heard years ago. Before she can investigate further, Hamazaki is found dead and her husband becomes the prime suspect.
(Akai hatoba): Jiro is a killer with a natural talent. Shortly after arriving in Kobe, he witnesses a man die in a crane accident which turns out to be a cover-up for a murder. Jiro soon finds himself on the run, tailed by a determined cop.
(Gītā o motta wataridori): a wandering street musician Shinji falls in with mob boss Akitsu after saving one of his henchmen in a bar fight. Akitsu is sent to evict an offshore fishery and finds himself in the middle of a domestic dispute.
- Kagenaki koi = Voice without a shadow (1959) / director, Seijun Suzuki ; producer, Kaneo Iwai ; written by Ryûta Akimoto and Susumu Saji ; cast: Hideaki Nitani, Yôko Minamida, Nobuo Kaneko (92 min.)
Akai hatoba = Red pier (1958) / directed by Toshio Masuda ; produced by Takiko Mizunoe ; written by Ichirô Ikeda and Toshio Masuda (99 min.)
Gītā o motta wataridori =The rambling guitarist (1959) / director, Buichi Saitô ; produced by Eisei Koi ; written by Gan Yamazaki and Kenzaburô Hara.
- (Kagenaki koe) Hideaki Nitani, Yoko Minamida, Jo Shishido, Nobuo Kaneko.
(Akai hatoba) Yujirô Ishihara, Mie Kitahara, Yukiko Todoroki.
(Gītā o motta wataridori) Akira Kobayashi, Ruriko Asaoka, Nobuo Kaneko.
- (Kagenaki koe) Director of photography, Kazue Nagatsuka; editor, Akira Suzuki; music, Hikaru Hayashi.
(Akai hatoba) Director of photography, Shinsaku Himeda; editor, Tsuji Masanori; music, Hajime Kaburagi.
(Gītā o motta wataridori) Director of photography, Kuratarô Takamura; editor, Mitsuo Kondô; music, Taichirô Kosugi.
- Title from container.
Kagenaki koe is based on the story "Voice" by Seichô Matsumoto.
Full HD 1080.Wide screen (2.35:1).
Issued by the publisher as part of a Blu-ray/DVD combination pack.
Special features: specially recorded video discussions with Japanese cinema expert Jasper Sharp on Diam guys Hideaki Nitani and Yujiro Ishihara; original trailers for all three films and trailer preview for Diamond Guys vol. 2; extensive promotional image galleries for all three films.
- Local notes:
- University of Pennsylvania Libraries have cataloged the Blu-ray disc and the DVDs separately.
- Suzuki, Seijun, 1923-2017, film director.
Masuda, Toshio, 1927- film director.
Saitō, Buichi, 1925- film director.
Iwai, Kaneo, film producer.
Mizunoe, Takiko, 1915-2009, film producer.
Koi, Eisei, 1908-1992, film producer.
Akimoto, Ryûta, screenwriter.
Saji, Susumu, 1929-2001, screenwriter.
Ikeda, Ichirō, 1923-1989, screenwriter.
Masuda, Toshio, 1927- screenwriter.
Yamazaki, Gan, screenwriter.
Hara, Kenzaburô, screenwriter.
Nitani, Hideaki, actor.
Minamida, Yōko, 1933-2009, actor.
Ishihara, Yūjirō, 1934-1987, actor.
Kitahara, Mie, 1933- actor.
Kobayashi, Akira, 1938- actor.
Asaoka, Ruriko, 1940- actor.
Arrow Video (Firm), publisher.
- Kagenaki koe.
Gītā o motta wataridori.
- Publisher Number:
- 760137807599 (set)
AV037 Arrow Video (disc)
AV037/A Arrow Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|