Me and Uncle Romie : a story inspired by the life and art of Romare Bearden / by Claire Hartfield ; paintings by Jerome Lagarrigue.
- [New York] : Dial Books for Young Readers New York, 2002. , ©2002
 pages : color illustrations ; 29 cm
- Bearden, Romare, 1911-1988 -- Juvenile fiction.
Bearden, Romare, 1911-1988
- Childrens subjects:
- Bearden, Romare, 1911-1988 -- Fiction.
Artists -- Fiction.
Uncles -- Fiction.
African Americans -- Fiction.
Harlem (New York, N.Y.) -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- A boy from North Carolina spends the summer in New York City visiting the neighborhood of Harlem, where his uncle, collage artist Romare Bearden, grew up. Includes a biographical sketch of Bearden and instructions on making a story collage.
- "Designed by Kimi Weart."; title page verso.
"Text set in Folio."; title page verso.
"The art was created using acrylic paint and collage elements."; title page verso.
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Lagarrigue, Jerome, illustrator.
Dial Books for Young Readers, publisher.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|