Projecting citizenship : photography and belonging in the British Empire / Gabrielle Moser.
- University Park, Pennsylvania : The Pennsylvania State University Press,  , ©2019
xvii, 226 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Great Britain. Colonial Office. Visual Instruction Committee.
Photography -- Political aspects -- Colonies -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.
Citizenship -- Colonies -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.
Photography in education -- Colonies -- Great Britain -- History -- 20th century.
- "Examines the relationship between photography and citizenship, through a comprehensive account of the Colonial Office Visual Instruction Committee's lantern slide lecture scheme: a project initiated by the British government at the beginning of the twentieth century that aimed to photograph the entirety of the empire"--Provided by publisher.
- Introduction : citizenship in and out of sight
The spectator : projecting imperial citizens in England and India
The photographer : looking along the archival grain in Canada
The subject : developing the image of the indentured laborer
The archive : residues of noncitizens in the COVIC archive
Conclusion : from imperial to global citizens, picturing citizenship in the present.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|