New battles without honor and humanity : the complete trilogy / directed by Kinji Fukasaku.
- Other Title:
- Kinji Fukasaku's New battles without honor and humanity
- Limited edition.
- [Shenley, Hertfordshire, England] : Arrow Video [Distributor],  , ©2017
3 videodiscs (98 min., 94 min., 91 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Yakuza -- Japan -- Drama.
Gangsters -- Japan -- Drama.
Organized crime -- Japan -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Japan -- Drama.
- Gangster films.
Motion pictures, Japanese.
- In Japanese; optional subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- Blu-ray disc, Region A; widescreen (2.35:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital mono.
digital optical monaural Dolby Digital
video file Blu-ray region A
- This limited edition set features a follow-up trilogy of films to director Kinji Fukasaku's early 1970s five-film series Battles without honor and humanity. Each film stars Battles lead character Bunta Sugawara and tells fictional stories about the yakuza in different locations in Japan.
- 1. New battles without honor and humanity (©1974 ; 98 min.) / screenplay, Fumio Konami, Misao Arai
2. The boss's head (©1975 ; 94 min.) / screenplay, Susumu Saji, Yozo Tanaka, Kyo Namura
3. Last days of the boss (©1976 ; 91 min.) / screenplay, Koji Takada.
- (New battles without honor and humanity): Bunta Sugawara, Tomisaburo Wakayama, Reiko Ike, Nobuo Kaneko.
(Boss's head): Ko Nishimura, Bunta Sugawara, Tsutomu Yamazaki, Meiko Kaji.
(Last days of the boss): Bunta Sugawara, Chieko Matsubara, Koji Wada.
- (New battles without honor and humanity): director of photography, Sadaji Yoshida; editor, Shintaro Miyamoto; music, Toshiaki Tsushima. (Boss's head): director of photography, Toru Nakajima; editor, Kozo Horike; music, Toshiaki Tsushima. (Last days of the boss): director of photography, Toru Nakajima; editor, Isamu Ichita; music, Toshiaki Tsushima.
- Title from container.
Videodisc release of three motion pictures originally produced in 1974 (New battles without humanity and honor), 1975 (The boss's head), and 1976 (Last days of the boss).
Issued by the publisher as part of a six-disc Blu-ray/DVD disc combination pack.
Special features: Beyond the films: New battles without honor and humanity, a new video appreciation by Fukasaku biographer Sadao Yamane; New Stories, new battles and Closing stories, two new interviews with screenwriter Koji Takada, about his work on the second and third films in the trilogy; original teasers and theatrical trailers for all three films.
- Local notes:
- University of Pennsylvania Libraries have cataloged the Blu-ray discs and the DVDs separately.
- Fukasaku, Kinji, film director.
Sugawara, Bunta, 1933-2014, actor.
Wakayama, Tomisaburō, 1929-1992, actor.
Ike, Reiko, 1953- actor.
Kaneko, Nobuo, 1923-1995, actor.
Nishimura, Kō, actor.
Yamazaki, Tsutomu, 1936- actor.
Kaji, Meiko, actor.
Matsubara, Chieko, 1945- actor.
Wada, Koji, 1944-1986, actor.
Tsushima, Toshiaki, 1936-2013, composer (expression)
Arrow Video (Firm), film distributor.
Tōei Kabushiki Kaisha, production company.
- Container of: Shin jingi naki tatakai (Motion picture : 1974)
Container of: Kumicho no kubi (Motion picture : 1975)
Container of: Kumicho saigo no hi (Motion picture : 1976)
New battles without honor and humanity
Last days of the boss
- Publisher Number:
- 760137030881 (set)
AV097 Arrow Video (set)
AV097-1-AV097-3 Arrow Video (set)
AV097/A Arrow Video (disc 1)
AV097/C Arrow Video (disc 2)
AV097/E Arrow Video (disc 3)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|