Singing tales of Africa / retold by Adjai Robinson ; illustrated by Christine Price.
- New York : C. Scribner's Sons,  , ©1974.
- Musical score
80 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Children's songs, African.
Tales -- Africa.
Children's songs, African.
- Childrens subjects:
- Songs, African.
Folklore -- Africa.
- Notated music.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- Why the baboon has a shining seat (Krio, Sierra Leone)
Why there is death in the world (Ibo, Nigeria)
The stepchild and the fruit trees
Ojumiri and the giant (Krio, Sierra Leone)
Ayele and the flowers (eastern Ghana)
"Leave it there!"
"Mother-in-law, today is shake-head day!" (Krio, Sierra Leone).
- Cataloged from imperfect photocopy: title leaf wanting. Title supplied from half-title leaf; statement of responsibility and imprint information from Library of Congress record.
Photocopy.  leaves ; 28 cm
- Local notes:
- Banks Collection copy bound with: Heady, Eleanor B. The bee tree. [New York : Norton, 1965].
Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Price, Christine, 1928-1980, illustrator.
Charles Scribner's Sons, publisher.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|