Illinois Hopewell and Late Woodland mounds : the excavations of Gregory Perino, 1950-1975 / Gregory Perino ; assembled and edited by Kenneth B. Farnsworth, Michael D. Wiant ; with an introduction by Kenneth B. Farnsworth.
- Champaign : Illinois Transportation Archaeological Research Program, ©2006.
- Studies in archaeology (Urbana, Ill.) ; no.4.
Studies in archaeology ; no. 4
xxxiv, 686 pages : illustrations (some color), maps ; 28 cm.
- Perino, Gregory.
Hopewell culture -- Illinois.
Woodland culture -- Illinois.
Mounds -- Illinois.
Excavations (Archaeology) -- Illinois.
Illinois -- Antiquities.
- "For the first time, the editors of this volume bring together 18 of Perino's Middle and Late Woodland excavation manuscripts for publication. The volume begins with an introductory historical and bibliographical essay by Kenneth Farnsworth summarizing the history and focus of Perino's work in the context of developments in Illinois archaeology during the 1950s-1970s. The 100-page Farnsworth introduction and the 18 Perino site excavation chapters of this ambitious volume report on excavations at three Middle Woodland habitation sites (Snyders, Apple Creek, and North), 12 Hopewellian mound groups (Meppen, Bedford, Montezuma, Pilot Peak, Helm, Swartz, Kraske, North, Peisker, Schafner, Gibson, and Joe Gay), two Middle/Late Woodland mound groups (Carter and L'Orient), four Late Woodland mound groups (Yokem, Homer Adams, Lawrence Gay, and Hacker), a buried Early Archaic habitation midden (Stilwell II), and a Terminal Archaic Red Ochre mortuary site (Collinsville)" -- From the publisher.
- Foreward : volume orignins, production history, and organization / Kenneth B. Farnsworth and Michael D. Wiant
Introduction : Gregory Perino's archaeological career and Illinois site excavations / Kenneth B. Farnsworth
Gregory Perino annotated master bibliography / Kenneth B. Farnsworth
Bioanthropology bibliography : studies of prehistoric human remains and mortuary practices using Perino mound-excavation data / Della Collins Cook
The 1955 Snyders Village Site Excavations, Calhoun County, Illinois / Gregory Perino
The Snyders site / W. L. Wadlow
Field trip report / Gregory Perino
The second field trip report / William Fecht
A preview of the ceramic relationships of the Snyders site, Calhoun County, Illinois / James B. Griffin
The 1955-56 Bedford Mounds Excavations, Pike County, Illinois / Gregory Perino
The 1956 Montezuma Mounds Excavations, Pike County, Illinois
The 1956 Pilot Peak Mounds Excavations, Pike County, Illinois / Gregory Perino
The 1956 Helm Mounds Excavations, Pike County, Illinois / Gregory Perino
The 1956 Swartz Mound #1 Excavations, Pike County, Illinois / Gregory Perino
The 1957 Kraske Mounds and Village site Excavations, St. Clair County, Illinois / Gregory Perino
Faunal material from the Kraske site, St. Clair County, Illinois / Paul Parmalee
The 1962 North Mound group and Village Site Excavations, Clinton County, Illinois / Gregory Perino
1967-68 excavation of the Yokem site Late Woodland Mounds, Pike County, Illinois / Gregory Perino
The 1968 Shaffner mounds excavations, Pike County, Illinois / Gregory Perino
The 1969 Gibson Mounds excavations, Calhoun County, Illinois / Gregory Perino
The 1970 Homer Adams Mounds Excavations, Pike County, Illinois / Gregory Perino
The 1970 Joe Gay Mounds Excations, Pike County, Illinois / Gregory Perino
Joe Gay Mound Group, Crematory A Excavations / Della Collins Cook and Ann Palkovich
Three Late Woodland Point Types from Illinois / Gregory Perino
The 1970 Lawrence Gay Mounds Excavations, Pike County, Illinois / Gregory Perino
Stone tools used in edge-trimming preforms and cores / Gregory Perino
Naiad fauna from the Lawrence Gay Mound #7 tomb roof / Richard G. Rawlins
The 1972 L'Orient Mounds Excavations, Calhoun County, Illinois / Gregory Perino
The 1973 Carter Mounds Excavations, Greene County, Illinois / Gregory Perino
The 1973 Apple Creek Village Site Excavations, Greene County, Illinois / Gregory Perino
Apple Creek site 1956 artifact plates / Gregory Perino
The 1974 Hacker Mounds Excavations, Jersey County, Illinois / Gregory Perino
Two short-nosed-god maskettes found with burial #7 in Hacker Mound #3, Jersey County, Illinois / Kenneth B. Farnsworth, Kristin Hedman, and Thomas E. Emerson.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Farnsworth, Kenneth B.
Wiant, Michael D., 1949-
Illinois Transportation Archaeological Research Program.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|