Joan of Arc in the English imagination, 1429-1829 / Gail Orgelfinger.
- University Park, Pennsylvania : The Pennsylvania State University Press, 
xii, 230 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Joan, of Arc, Saint, 1412-1431 -- In literature.
Joan, of Arc, Saint, 1412-1431.
English literature -- History and criticism.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- "Explores representations of Joan of Arc in English culture from 1429 until the early nineteenth century, examining the factors that shaped retellings of her military successes and execution"--Provided by publisher.
- Introduction : "those cursed breeches"
"We have burned a saint" : Joan of Arc and the English in France
"The martiall maide" : Joan of Arc and the French in England
"Penthesilea did it. why not she?" : an English virago
"A pievish painted Puzel" : Joan of Arc and Mary Queen of Scots in 1 Henry VI
"Tom Paine in petticoats" : domesticating Joan of Arc
Afterword : "is that meant to be me?".
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|