Mermaid Avenue / Billy Bragg & Wilco.
- New York : Elektra, ℗1998.
- Sound recording
1 audio disc (50 min.) : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Folk songs, English -- United States.
Ballads, English -- United States.
Folk songs, English.
- Folk songs, English.
- System Details:
- analog optical 1.4 m. per second stereo Digital recording
audio file CD audio
- "Mermaid Avenue, Coney Island is where Woody Guthrie lived with his family in the late 1940's and early 1950's. Here he wrote hundreds of songs which he never recorded. When he died he left only the lyrics. Billy Bragg and Wilco have written new tunes to these songs."--Shrink wrap.
- Walt Whitman's niece (3:53)
California stars (4:57)
Way over yonder in the minor key (4:06)
Birds and ships (2:13)
Hoodoo voodoo (3:12)
She came along to me (3:26)
At my window sad and lonely (3:27)
Ingrid Bergman (1:50)
Christ for president (2:39)
I guess I planted (3:32)
One by one (3:22)
Eisler on the go (2:56)
Hesitating beauty (3:04)
Another man's done gone (1:34)
The unwelcome guest (5:09).
- Folk and rock songs; Billy Bragg, vocals, guitars ; Wilco ; guests, Natalie Merchant, vocals ; Corey Harris, guitars.
- Produced by Billy Bragg and Wilco with Grant Showbiz.
- Words by Woody Guthrie, music composed chiefly by Billy Bragg.
Recorded at Totally Wired and Windmill Lane Studios, Dublin, King Size Sound Laboratories, Chicago, and Fort Apache Studio, Boston.
Lyrics, notes and credits on insert.
- Guthrie, Woody, 1912-1967. , Lyricist
Merchant, Natalie. , Performer
Harris, Corey. , Performer
Wilco (Musical group) , Performer
- Publisher Number:
D 125708 BMG Direct