Nikkatsu diamond guys. Volume 2.
- Other Title:
- Tokyo mighty guy
- [United States] : Arrow Video, 
2 videodiscs (251 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (39 pages : illustrations ; 15 cm).
- Tsuzuki, Michio, 1929- -- Film adaptations.
Cooks -- Drama.
Counterfeits and counterfeiting -- Drama.
Murder -- Drama.
Organized crime -- Drama.
Counterfeits and counterfeiting.
- Feature films.
Motion pictures, Japanese.
- in Japanese; optional subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 0; widescreen (2.35:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital mono.
digital optical monaural Dolby Digital
video file DVD video region 0
- (Tōkyō no abarenbō): Jiro is a chef who opens a restaurant. His good looks bring in women as well as unwanted trouble.
(Yabai koto nara zeni ni naru): When one billion yen goes missing, 'Joe the Ace' spies an opportunity to get rich quick.
(Dainippon koroshiya den): When 'Joe of Spades' executes a mob boss, his colleagues call on the services of an assassin to solve the problem.
- Tōkyō no abarenbō = Tokyo mighty guy / directed by Buichi Saitō ; produced by Kaneo Iwai ; screenplay by Tsuyoshi Ishigooka ; original story by Takeo Matsuura (1959) (79 min.)
Yabai koto nara zeni ni naru = Danger pays / directed by Ko Nakahira ; produced by Keinosuke Kubo ; screenplay by Ichiro Ikeda adn Tadaaki Yamazaki (1962) (83 min.)
Dainippon Koroshiya den = Murder unincorporated / directed by Hiryasu Noguchi ; produced by Jirō Tomoda ; screenplay by Kobako Hanato and Akira Saiga ; original story by Kobako Hanato (1965) (89 min.).
- (Tōkyō no abarenbō) Jō Shishido, Akira Kobayashi, Sanae Nakahara, Arihiro Fujimura.
(Yabai koto nara zeni ni naro) Jō Shishido, Ruriko Asaoka, Hiroyuki Nagato, Kojiro Kusanagi.
(Dainippon koroshiya den) Jō Shishido, Kon Omura, Hiroshi Hikikata, Toori Yuri.
- (Tōkyō no abarenbō) Director of photography, Kurataro Takamura; editor, Mitsuo Kondo; music, Taichiro Kosugi.
(Yabai koto nara zeni ni naru) Director of photography, Shinsaku Himeda; music, Harumi Ibe.
(Dainippon koroshiya den) Director of photography, kazue Nagatsuka; editor, Masanori Tsuji; music, Keiharo Miho.
- Title from container.
Yabai koto nara zeni ni naru is based on Yabai koto nara zeni ni naru / [by] Michio Tsuzuki.
Issued by the publisher as part of a DVD/Blu-ray combination pack.
Special features: discussions with Japanese cinema expert Jasper Sharp; original trailers; extensive promotional image galleries; new writing on all the films and director profiles by Stuart Galbraith IV, Tom Mes and Mark Schilling (in booklet).
- Local notes:
- University of Pennsylvania Libraries have cataloged the DVDs and the Blu-ray disc separately.
- Saitō, Buichi, 1925- film director.
Nakahira, Kō, 1926-1978, film director.
Noguchi, Haruyasu, film director.
Iwai, Kaneo, film producer.
Kubo, Keinosuke, film producer.
Tomoda, Jirō, film producer.
Ishigōoka, Tsuyoshi, screenwriter.
Matsuura, Takeo, screenwriter.
Ikeda, Ichirō, 1923-1989, screenwriter.
Yamazaki, Tadaaki, screenwriter.
Hanato, Kobako, screenwriter.
Saiga, Akira, screenwriter.
Shishido, Jō, 1933- actor.
Kobayashi, Akira, 1938- actor.
Nakahara, Sanae, 1935-2012, actor.
Fujimura, Arihiro, actor.
Asaoka, Ruriko, 1940- actor.
Nagato, Hiroyuki, 1934-2011, actor.
Kusanagi, Kōjirō, 1929-2007, actor.
Omura, Kon, actor.
Hikikata, Hiroshi, actor.
Yuri, Tōru, 1921- actor.
Kosugi, Taichiro, composer (expression)
Ibe, Harumi, composer (expression)
Miho, Keitaro, composer (expression)
Nikkatsu Kabushiki Kaisha, film production company.
Arrow Video (Firm), publisher.
- Tōkyō no abarenbō.
Yabai koto nara zeni ni naru.
Dainippon koroshiya den.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|