The Black BC's / Lucille Clifton ; illustrated by Don Miller.
- [1st ed.]
- New York : E. P. Dutton & Co., Inc., .
45,  pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- African American -- Juvenile literature.
- Childrens subjects:
- African Americans.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
- A poem for each letter of the alphabet introduces brief discussions of the contributions of black people to American history and culture.
- "We gratefully acknowledge permission to quote on p. 19 from 'Two Jazz Poems' by Carl Wendell Hines, Jr. ..."
"Designed by Hilda Scott."
"The paintings are done in tempera on canvas board, with a thick gesso underpainting to give a wider range of textures."
"The display type and the text type are set in Times Roman. The books is printed by offset."
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy has stamps and pocket of "Public Library District of Columbia".
- Penn Provenance:
- Banks, Joanna (donor) (Banks Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Miller, Don, 1923-1993, illustrator.
Scott, Hilda, designer.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0525265953 (trade)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|