Black memorabilia [electronic resource] / a co-production of C-Line Films, LLC and Independent Television Services (TVS) ; written, directed, produced by Chico Colvard ; producer, Madison O'Leary.
- Other records:
- Other Title:
- [alternative or abbreviated title]
- [Somerville, MA] : C-Line Films,  , ©2018
1 online streaming video (54 min.) : sound, color
- African Americans -- Collectibles.
Decorative arts -- Moral and ethical aspects -- United States.
Stereotypes (Social psychology) in art.
African Americans in art.
African Americans in mass media.
Prejudices -- United States.
- System Details:
- Black Memorabilia explores the world of racist material, both antique and newly produced, that propagate demeaning representations of African Americans. From industrial China to the rural South to Brooklyn, the film shines a light on those who reproduce, consume and reclaim racially-charged items, from banks to Mammy kitchenware, confederate flags, Nazi insignia and other ephemera. BLACK MEMORABILIA is a feature-length documentary that observes the material culture of people and places that reproduce, consume and reclaim relics of America's troubled racial identity. This documentary is not an indictment piece, in its place it encourages viewers to move beyond absolute objections and perverse attractions to black memorabilia by focusing instead on the work and relationships of those with ties to these objects. The film is structured as a triptych, which centers on three distinct stories: Part I: Manufacture - China and the reproduction of Jolly Nigger Banks, Part II: Consumption - Joy a Civil War and KKK antiques dealer, and Part III: Reclaim - Alexandria a painter and performance artist.
- Camera, Chico Colvard ; editing, Hannah Buck, Chico Colvard.
- "Independent Lens, PBS".
- Colvard, Chico David, film director, film producer, screenwriter.
O'Leary, Madison, film producer.
C-Line Films (Firm), production company, film distributor.
- [related title/collection]
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|