The evolving role of the public prosecutor : challenges and innovations / edited by Victoria Colvin and Philip Stenning.
- New York, NY : Routledge, 2019.
- Directions and developments in criminal justice and law ; 3.
Directions and developments in criminal justice and law ; 3
xiii, 281 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm.
- Public prosecutors.
- "This book addresses key aspects of the evolving role of domestic and international prosecutors in common law and civil law systems in the twenty-first century, and the challenges posed by this evolution. This collection of chapters...takes an international, comparative approach and explores how these different legal systems have borrowed theorisations and articulations of the prosecutorial role from each other in adapting the office to changing conditions and expectations. The volume is structured around four main themes relating to the role of the modern prosecutor: the nature of the prosecutor’s office, the role of the prosecutor in investigations, prosecutorial discretion and how it is exercised, and politicisation and accountability of prosecutors."-- Publisher's website.
- Introduction / Philip Stenning, Victoria Colvin and Heather Douglas
Decoding hegemony : exploring the discourse of a prosecuting elite / Robyn Holder
New public management, citizens' fears and calls for justice : the prosecutor's new role in Italy / Cecilia Blengino
Deferred prosecution agreements : negotiating punishment before conviction? / Simon Bronitt
The public prosecution service and the structuring of sentencing : the Nordic case of Denmark / Rasmus Wandall
The role of the Finnish prosecutor in preliminary investigations : efficiency or the end of impartiality? / Julia Jansson
Framing prosecutor-police relations in Europe : a concept paper / Philip Stenning and Julia Jansson
Police prosecution and access to justice for people with disabilities / Penelope Weller
Roles of lawyers and investigators in investigations of international crimes / Melanie O'Brien
The riddle of prosecutorial discretion / Victoria Colvin
Prosecuting domestic violence cases : listening to victims / Heather Douglas
Prosecutorial discretion about special measure use in Australian cases of child sexual abuse / Jane Goodman-Delahunty, Natalie Martschuk, Martine Powell and Nina Westera
Community prosecution code enforcement in Dallas, Texas : effects on serious crime / John Worrall, Andrew Wheeler, and Justin Medrano
Prosecution and politics in Germany : the struggle for independence / Michael Jasch
Prosecutorial independence and effectiveness of the Nigerian criminal justice system / Adedeji Adekunle
The decision to prosecute : the accountability of Australian prosecutors / Kellie Toole
Regulating the prosecutorial role in wrongful convictions / Kent Roach
Conclusion / Victoria Colvin and Philip Stenning.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Colvin, Victoria, editor.
Stenning, Philip C., editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|