André Jolivet : music, art and literature / edited by Caroline Rae.
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge : imprint of the Taylor & Francis Group, 2019. , ©2019
- Music and literature (Farnham, Surrey, England)
Music and literature
xxxix, 329 pages : illustrations, portraits, music ; 25 cm
- Jolivet, André, 1905-1974 -- Criticism and interpretation.
Jolivet, André, 1905-1974.
Music -- 20th century -- History and criticism.
Composers -- France.
- Criticism, interpretation, etc.
- Jolivet and the style incantatoire: aspects of a hybrid tradition / Julian Anderson
Inside the composer's workshop: Jolivet's manuscripts at the Bibliothèque nationale de France / Catherine Massip
Jolivet's early music theory and its practice in the Cinq danses rituelles (1939) / Deborah Mawer
Épithalame (1953): a case study for voices / Lucie Kayas
Jolivet and the visual arts: interactions and influences / Caroline Rae
An exploration of Jolivet's vocal works / Christine Jolivet-Erlih and Catherine Massip
The anxiety of exoticism: André Jolivet's relationship with non-Western musics / Caroline Potter
Jolivet revisited: Messiaen's borrowings from the works of the 1930s / Yves Balmer, Thomas Lacôte and Christopher Brent Murray
Sourcing Jolivet's compositional aesthetic: literary influences and his library / Caroline Rae
Jolivet and the USSR / Christine Jolivet-Erlih
Jolivet as critic: a mirror of music during the Occupation / Nigel Simeone
Jolivet as teacher: programme, method and philosophy / Pascal Terrien
Jolivet and the function of performance / Jean-Claire Vançon.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 309-314) and index (pages 315-329)
- Rae, Caroline, editor, author.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|