Narrative and metaphor in education : look both ways / Edited by Michael Hanne and Anna A. Kaal.
- London ; New York, NY : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2019.
xi, 300 pages ; 25 cm
- Storytelling in education.
Narrative inquiry (Research method).
Metaphor -- Social aspects.
- "Human beings rely equally on narrative (or storytelling) and metaphor (or analogy) for making sense of the world. Narrative and Metaphor in Education integrates the two perspectives of narrative and metaphor in educational theory and practice at every level from pre-school to lifelong civic education. Bringing together outstanding educational researchers, the book interweaves for the first time the rich strand of current research about how narrative may be used productively in education with more fragmentary research on the role of metaphor in education and invites readers to 'look both ways"-- Provided by publisher.
- Looking at both narrative and metaphor in education / Michael Hanne and Anna A. Kaal
Narrative, metaphor, and learning
Honouring the role of narrative and metaphor in education / Kieran Egan
You in motion: stories and metaphors of becoming in narrative learning environments / David Baboulene, Alex Golding, Sjoerd-Jeroen Moenandar, and Floor Van Renssen
An ecology for learning and teaching: niches for theories within the habitat of learning / Robin Lane
Narrative and metaphor in teaching a range of disciplines
Multiperspectivity in the history classroom: the role of narrative and metaphor / Marc Kropman, Jannet Van Drie & Carla Van Boxtel
Resonant work: metaphor and narrative in music, learning, and life / Margaret S. Barrett and Sandra L. Stauffer
How metaphor and narrative interact in stories of forces of nature / Hans U. Fuchs, Annamaria Contini, Elisabeth Dupont, Alessandra Landini, and Federico Cortini
Narrative, metaphor and the politics of education
Narrative and metaphor in special educational needs : shaping thought, discourse, and practice / Janine Talley
Uneducation: narrative and metaphor in subjugated knowledge / Sandy Farquhar and Peter Fitzsimons
Education reform in Croatia : a tug of war / Ivana Marinic and Ksenija Bencina
Narrative and metaphor in intercultural education
Stories about language: raising learners language awareness using metaphor / Anna A. Kaal & Sebastiaan Dönszelmann
Journeys of learning: dimensions of metaphor and narrative landscapes across cultures / Martin Cortazzi and Lixian Jin
Teaching for reconciliation: insights from an augmented reality project / Avril Aitken and Linda Radford
Narrative and metaphor in the education of teachers and counsellors
Teaching as performance: using narrative and metaphor in initial teacher education / Dorothy Morrissey
Seasons of composing stories to live by: teaching, learning and research strategies in teacher education / Janet Dyson & Clare Smith
Narrative and metaphor as two sides of the same coin: the case for using both in research and teacher development / Volha Arkhipenka and Svetlana Lupasco
Narrative and metaphor in constructing teacher identity, self-positioning and coherence / Yanping Fang and Ken Mizusawa
Weaving threads into a basket: facilitating counsellor identity creation through metaphor and narrative / Sarah Penwarden
Narrative inquiry needs metaphor, too
A journey through narrative inquiry to autoethnography / Gwyneth James
Lingering departures: reverberations through, and in, narrative inquiry response communities / Vera Caine, Sean Lessard, and D. Jean Clandinin
And look ahead, too / Michael Hanne and Anna A. Kaal.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Hanne, Michael, editor.
Kaal, Anna A., editor.
- Other format:
- Online version: Narrative and metaphor in education
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|