My Bauhaus : 100 architects on the 100th anniversary of a myth = Mein Bauhaus : 100 Architekten zum 100. Geburtstag eines Mythos / Sandra Hofmeister (ed.).
- Other Title:
- Mein Bauhaus : 100 Architekten zum 100. Geburtstag eines Mythos
- First edition = Erste Auflage.
- Munich : Edition Detail,  , ©2018
240 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), plans ; 24 cm
- Modern movement (Architecture) -- Influence.
Bauhaus -- Influence.
Architecture, Modern -- 20th century.
Design -- History -- 20th century.
- Parallel texts in English and German.
- 2019 marks the centenary of a myth: the Bauhaus has shaped architectural history like no other modern institution. Even 100 years after its foundation in Weimar, the principles, methods and visions of the Bauhaus masters and students are still alive. But the many ways in which the Bauhaus is regarded today are as diverse as the goals pursued by its individual directors and workshops in the past. What Bauhaus means, the associations it invokes and its typical characteristics are all a matter of interpretation and perspective. There is no universal formula. In this book, 100 architects from around the world share their personal views on the Bauhaus. In short texts accompanied by photos or sketches, they describe what they associate with this avant-garde school, how the Bauhaus is relevant to them personally, and the aspects they consider to be 'typical Bauhaus'. Architecture and design, the everyday and the exemplary, processes and experiments are just a few aspects of the range of topics addressed in these brief essays. 100 individual perspectives provide insight into the authors' design principles and architectural understanding.
- Hofmeister, Sandra, 1970- editor.
- My Bauhaus.
My Bauhaus. German.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|