Pop! : art in a changing Britain / [edited by] Claudia Milburn and Louise Weller.
- Chichester, West Sussex, United Kingdom : Pallant House Gallery, 
155 pages : chiefly illustrations (chiefly colour) ; 33 cm
- Pallant House Gallery -- Art collections -- Exhibitions.
Pallant House Gallery.
Pop art -- Great Britain -- Exhibitions.
- Local subjects:
- Pallant House Gallery (Chichester) -- (Perm.)
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Drawn from the Gallery's significant collection of British Pop Art, this exhibition explores how artists in Britain in the 1950s and 1960s responded to rapid social change, as Pop Art emerged as a means of addressing the rise of mass media, the cult of celebrity, questions of identity and prevalent political concerns, issues that still resonate today.
- Foreword / Simon Martin
The British Pop Art collection at Pallant House Gallery / Claudia Milburn
Introduction / Claudia Milburn
Pop! Art in a changing Britain / Louise Weller
Man and machine
Celebrity and pleasure
Youth and liberation
Colour and production
Series and repetition
Politics and technology
Pop and progression.
- Published to accompany the exhibition of the same name held at Pallant House Gallery, 24 February - 7 May 2018.
Includes bibliographical references (page 140) and index.
- Milburn, Claudia, editor.
Pallant House Gallery, host institution.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|