King Richard II / [William Shakespeare] ; with an introduction updated by Claire McEachern, University of California, Los Angeles ; edited by Andrew Gurr, University of Reading.
- Standardized Title:
- King Richard II
- Third edition.
- Cambridge, United Kingdom ; New York, NY, USA : Cambridge University Press, 2019.
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. 1984. Cambridge University Press. Works.
The new Cambridge Shakespeare
xiv, 244 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Richard II, King of England, 1367-1400 -- Drama.
Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616. King Richard II.
Richard II, King of England, 1367-1400.
King Richard II (Shakespeare, William)
Richard III. England, König 1452-1485
Shakespeare, William 1564-1616 King Richard the Third
- Histories (literary works)
Plays (performing arts compositions)
- "In this updated edition of King Richard II, Claire McEachern provides a fresh introductory section in which she discusses the most important productions and scholarly criticism of recent years. Paying particular attention to the focus on religion in contemporary interpretations of the play, McEachern also analyses the increasing number of performances on stage and screen. Andrew Gurr's acclaimed introduction guides the reader through the play's action and politics, providing a thorough and engaging grounding in its structure, language and staging. An updated reading list completes the edition." -- Publisher's description
Recent critical and stage interpretations
Note on the text
List of characters
Appendixes. 1. Shakespeare's use of Holinshed
2. Extracts from Daniel's The Civil Wars
3. 'An Homilie against Disobedience'
4. Extracts from England's Parnassus.
- Previous edition: 2003.
Includes bibliographical references.
- McEachern, Claire, 1963- contributor.
Gurr, Andrew, editor.
Cambridge University Press, publisher.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|