Mary Pickford : rags & riches collection.
- Other Title:
- Rags & riches collection
Rags and riches collection
- [Harrington Park, N.J.] : Milestone Film & Video, ©2012.
- Milestone cinematheque.
3 videodiscs (274 min.) : silent, black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
- Young women -- United States -- Drama.
Girls -- United States -- Drama.
Interracial marriage -- Drama.
Melodramas (Motion pictures)
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; full screen (1.33:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital 2.0.
digital optical stereo Dolby Digital
full screen (1.33:1)
video file DVD video region 1
- Poor little right girl: Gwen's family is rich, but her parents ignore her and most of the servants push her around, so she is lonely and unhappy. Her father is concerned only with making money, and her mother cares only about her social position. But one day a servant's irresponsibility creates a crisis that causes everyone to rethink what is important to them.
Hoodlum: Pampered Amy Burke gets bored living with her wealthy grandfather in a New York mansion, and decides to accompany her sociologist father to an East Side tenement, with hilarious results.
Ramona: Ramona, a young girl growing up on her adoptive mother's rancho in California, falls in love with Alessandro, an Indian. When Ramona is denied permission to marry Alessandro, the two lovers elope, only to find a life of great hardship and unhappiness amidst the bigotry and greed of the white landowners.
Sparrows: Molly, the eldest child at a baby farm hidden deep in a swamp, must rescue the others when their cruel master decides that one of them will be disposed of.
- Disc 1. The Poor little rich girl (b & w, si.,1917, 75 min.)
Disc 2. The Hoodlum (b & w, si.,1919, 92 min.) ; Ramona (b & w, si.,1910, 17 min.)
Disc 3. Sparrows (b & w, si.,1926, 90 min.).
- Poor little rich girl: Mary Pickford, Madlaine Traverse, Charles Wellesley ; Hoodlum: Mary Pickford, Ralph Lewis, Kenneth Harlan ; Ramona: Mary Pickford, Henry B. Walthall, Francis J. Grandon ; Sparrows: Mary Pickford, Roy Stewart, Mary Louise Miller.
- Poor little rich girl: director, Maurice Tourneur ; adapted from a play by Eleanor Gates ; scenario by Frances Marion ; music composer and conductor, Philip Carli. Hoodlum: director, Sidney A. Franklin ; adapted by Bernard McConville from a story by Julie M. Lippmann ; orchestral score composer, Bonnie Ruth Janofsky. Ramona: director, D.W. Griffith. Sparrows: director, William Beaudine ; story by Winifred Dunn ; adaptation, C. Gardner Sullivan ; composer, Jeffrey Silverman.
- Videodisc release of 4 silent motion pictures with soundtrack options of orchestral score, commentary, or spoken narration with orchestral score (Ramona - 1910 ; Poor little rich girl - 1917 ; Hoodlum -1919 ; Sparrows - 1926).
Special features: Disc 1. dailies from home movies at Pickfair ; intro and outro -- Disc 2. short film: Ramona: the story of the white man's injustice to the Indian ; intro and outro -- Disc 3. original trailer ; outtakes ; The Mary Louise Miller Story ; credits ; intro and outro.
- Pickford, Mary, 1892-1979, actor.
Tourneur, Maurice, 1876-1961, film director.
Carli, Philip, composer (expression).
Franklin, Sidney A., 1893-1972, film director.
Janofsky, Bonnie Ruth, composer (expression).
Griffith, D. W. (David Wark), 1875-1948, film director.
Beaudine, William, 1892-1970, film director.
Silverman, Jeffrey, composer (expression).
Traverse, Madlaine, actor.
Wellesley, Charles, actor.
Lewis, Ralph, 1872-1937, actor.
Harlan, Kenneth, 1895-1967, actor.
Walthall, Henry B. (Henry Brazeale), 1878-1936, actor.
Grandon, Francis J., 1879-1929, actor.
Stewart, Roy, 1884-1933, actor.
Miller, Mary Louise, actor.
Milestone Film & Video, publisher.
- Poor little rich girl (Motion picture : 1917)
Hoodlum (Motion picture : 1919)
Ramona (Motion picture : 1910)
Sparrows (Motion picture : 1926)
- Publisher Number:
Mile00120 Milestone film & video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|