The little tree growin' in the shade / Camille Yarbrough ; illustrated by Tyrone Geter.
- Other Title:
- Little tree growing in the shade
- New York : G. P. Putnam's Sons [a division of The Putnam & Grosset Group, 1996]. (Hong Kong : Printed by South China Printing Co. (1988) Ltd.)
64 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm.
- African Americans -- Juvenile fiction.
- Childrens subjects:
- African Americans -- Fiction.
United States -- History -- Fiction.
Slavery -- Fiction.
Brothers and sisters -- Fiction.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York (City)
China Hong Kong.
- A young Afro-American brother and sister learn how their people came to be enslaved, how they managed to resist efforts to strip them of their cultural identity, and all the hardships they suffered until they finally gained their freedom.
- "Designed by Donna Mark."
"Text set in Sabon."
- Local notes:
- Kislak Center Banks Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2018 by Joanna Banks.
Banks Collection copy: dustjacket retained.
Banks Collection copy has binding "Reinforced for Library Use".
- Penn Chronology:
- Geter, Tyrone, illustrator.
Mark, Donna, designer.
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Books (University of Pennsylvania)
Joanna Banks Collection of African American Children's Books (University of Pennsylvania)
- 0399212043 :
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|