The covered wagon / Adolf Zukor and Jesse L. Lasky present ; a James Cruze production ; adapted by Jack Cunningham ; directed by James Cruze ; a Paramount Picture.
- [New York, New York] : Kino Lorber Inc., 
1 videodisc (98 min.) : silent, black and white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (10 pages : illustrations ; 19 cm.)
4 3/4 in.
- Hough, Emerson, 1857-1923 -- Film adaptations.
Hough, Emerson, 1857-1923.
Oregon National Historic Trail -- History -- Drama.
Frontier and pioneer life -- West (U.S.) -- Drama.
Overland journeys to the Pacific -- Drama.
Wagon trains -- West (U.S.) -- History -- Drama.
Frontier and pioneer life.
Overland journeys to the Pacific.
United States -- Oregon National Historic Trail.
United States, West.
- Feature films.
- Silent film with added musical score.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; full screen (1.33:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo.
digital optical stereo Dolby Digital
full screen (1.33:1)
video file DVD video region 1
- A great caravan of covered wagons, filled with hearty pioneers and their families and possessions, are waiting for the Spring 'jump off' at Westport Landing, now Kansas City. Where countless pilgrims fell, a love triangle flourishes, as Molly Wingate must choose between the brutish Sam and the dashing Will. Complicating her decision are the perils of the trail.
- Lois Wilson, Alan Hale, J. Warren Kerrigan, Ernest Torrence.
- Director of photography, Karl Brown; editor, Dorothy Arzner.
- Title from title frames.
Based on the covered wagon / by Emerson Hough.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1923.
Special features: audio commentary by film historian Toby Roan; booklet essay by film scholar Matt Hauske; The pie-covered wagon (a 1932 one-reel spoof starring Shirley Temple); Wurlitzer organ score by Gaylord Carter.
- Cruze, James, 1884-1942, director, film producer.
Zukor, Adolph, 1873-1976, presenter.
Lasky, Jesse L., 1880-1958, presenter.
Cunningham, Jack, 1882-1941, screenwriter.
Wilson, Lois, 1895-1988, actor.
Hale, Alan, 1892-1950, actor.
Kerrigan, J. Warren (Jack Warren), 1889-1947, actor.
Paramount Pictures Corporation (1914-1927), production company.
Kino Lorber, Inc., publisher.
- Pie-covered wagon.
- Publisher Number:
K22863 Kino Classics
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|