Show people / Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer presents ; a King Vidor production ; a Marion Davies production ; produced by Marion Davies, King Vidor ; treatment by Agnes Christine Johnston and Laurence Stallings ; directed by King Vidor.
- Burbank, CA : Turner Entertainment : Distributed by Warner Home Video, ©2012.
- Archive collection.
WB Home Entertainment Group archive collection
1 videodisc (79 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
- Motion picture actors and actresses -- California -- Los Angeles -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- California -- Los Angeles -- Drama.
Motion picture actors and actresses.
California -- Los Angeles.
Show business films.
- Silent film with English intertitles and added musical accompaniment.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, NTSC, Region 1; full screen (1.37:1 aspect ratio) presentation; Dolby Digital mono.
digital optical monaural Dolby Digital
full screen (1.37:1)
video file DVD-R video region 1
- Peggy Pepper, a Georgia girl who wants to be a dramatic actress, goes to Hollywood and at first can find work only as a patsy for Billy Boone in slapstick comedies. Billy, however, soon helps Peggy to become both a serious actress and a star. Fame and wealth go to Peggy's head; she becomes vain and snubs Billy in favor of André, her romantic leading man. Peggy eventually comes down to earth, however, and acknowledges her love for the patient Billy.
- Marion Davies, William Haines, Dell Henderson, Paul Ralli.
- Cinematographer, John Arnold; film editor, Hugh Wynn; titles, Ralph Spence; music, Carl Davis.
- This is a recorded DVD and may not play in all players or drives.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1928.
Named to the National Film Registry in 2003 by the Library of Congress.
- Vidor, King, 1894-1982, film director, film producer.
Davies, Marion, 1897-1961, actor, film producer.
Haines, William, 1900-1973, actor.
Henderson, Dell, 1877-1956, actor.
Arnold, John, 1889-1964.
Ralli, Paul, 1903- actor.
Wynn, Hugh, editor of moving image work.
Davis, Carl, 1936- composer (expression)
Johnston, Agnes Christine, -1978, screenwriter.
Stallings, Laurence, 1894-1968, screenwriter.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, film production company.
Turner Entertainment Co., publisher.
Warner Home Video (Firm), publisher.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|