He who gets slapped / Metro Goldwyn Mayer ; Louis B. Mayer presents Victor Seastrom's production ; produced by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Corporation ; released through Metro-Goldwyn Distributing Corporation ; adapted for the screen by Carey Wilson and Victor Seastrom ; directed by Victor Seastrom ; [produced by Irving Thalberg].
- [Calif.] : Turner Entertainment Co. ; Burbank CA : Warner Bros. Entertainment : Distributed by Warner Home Video, ©2010.
- Conference Name:
- Roger Ebert's Film Festival.
- Archive collection.
WB Archive collection
1 videodisc (72 min.) : silent, black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Andreyev, Leonid, 1871-1919 -- Film adaptations.
Andreyev, Leonid, 1871-1919.
Scientists -- Corrupt practices -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Adultery -- Drama.
Clowns -- Psychology -- Drama.
Circus -- Drama.
Revenge -- Drama.
Humiliation -- Drama.
- Silent films.
Melodramas (Motion pictures)
- Silent film with English intertitles and added musical accompaniment.
- System Details:
- DVD-R, NTSC, all regions ; full-screen (1.33:1 aspect ratio) presentation ; Dolby Digital mono.
digital optical monaural Dolby Digital
full screen (1.33:1)
video file DVD-R video all regions
- "Slap him once, slap him 100 times, the Big Top crowd roars. The clown known to delighted throngs as HE has made a comedic art of getting batted around. Life has battered him even more. Behind the mask, HE hides the torment of once being a brilliant scientist whose research and wife were stolen by a colleague. And behind the mask, when the time comes, HE realizes his revenge."--Container.
- Lon Chaney, Norma Shearer, John Gilbert, Ruth King, Marc McDermott, Ford Sterling, Tully Marshall.
- Cinematography, Milton Moore; editor, Hugh Wynn; original music by William Axt.
- "Adapted from Leonid Andreyev's play as produced by The Theatre Guild, Inc., translated by Gregory Zillbourg."
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1924.
Shown at the 16th Annual Roger Ebert's Film Festival in 2014.
"This disc is expected to play back in DVD video "play only" devices, and may not play back in other DVD devices, including recorders and PC drives."
- Sjöström, Victor, 1879-1960, film director, screenwriter.
Mayer, Louis B. (Louis Burt), 1885-1957, film producer.
Thalberg, Irving G., 1899-1936, film producer.
Wilson, Carey, 1889-1962, screenwriter.
Gilbert, John, 1897-1936, actor.
Chaney, Lon, 1883-1930, actor.
Shearer, Norma, 1902-1983, actor.
Marshall, Tully, 1864-1943, actor.
Axt, William, 1882-1959, composer (expression.
Theatre Guild, associated name.
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, film production company.
Turner Entertainment Co., publisher.
Warner Bros. Entertainment, publisher.
Warner Home Video (Firm), publisher.
- Publisher Number:
1000180322 Warner Home Video
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|