Manhandled / Adolph Zukor and Jesse L. Lasky present ; an Allan Dwan production ; screen play by Frank W. Tuttle ; a Paramount picture ; directed by Allan Dwan.
- Standardized Title:
- Manhandled (Motion picture : 1924)
- [New York, N.Y.] : Kino Lorber Inc., 
1 videodisc (63 min.) : silent, black and white ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (10 pages : color illustrations ; 19 cm)
4 3/4 in.
- Stringer, Arthur, 1874-1950 -- Film adaptations.
Impersonation -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Women sales personnel -- Drama.
Women sales personnel.
- Comedy films.
- Silent film with English intertitles and musical accompaniment.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; full screen (1.33:1 aspect ratio) presentation; stereo.
full screen (1.33:1)
- Tells the story of Tessie McGuire, a down- on-her-luck salesgirl who climbs the social ladder by pretending to be a Russian countess. Tessie is a working class gal whose boyfriend Jimmy stands her up on a date, so she goes to a sculptor's party instead, where her skill with mimicry makes her a hit. She is hired by a fashionable dressmaking establishment to use her acting skills on their customers.
- Gloria Swanson, Tom Moore, Lilyan Tashman, Ian Keith, Arthur Housman, Paul McAllister.
- Director of photography, Hal Rosson; editor, William Lebaron, Julian Johnson; music, Makia Matsumura.
- Title from title screen.
Videodisc release of the motion picture produced in 1924.
Based on the story Manhandled / by Arthur Stringer.
"Mastered in 2K from 16mm elements preserved by Lobster Films and Indiana University. No 35 mm elements are known to exist."--Container.
Special features: audio commentary by film historian Gaylyn Studlar; essay by Peter Labuza (in accompanying booklet).
- Dwan, Allan, 1885-1981, film director, film producer.
Zukor, Adolph, 1873-1976, presenter.
Lasky, Jesse L., 1880-1958, presenter.
Tuttle, Frank, 1892-1963, screenwriter.
Swanson, Gloria, 1897-1983, actor.
Moore, Tom, 1883-1955, actor.
Tashman, Lilyan, 1899-1934, actor.
Keith, Ian, 1899-1960, actor.
Housman, Arthur, 1889-1942, actor.
McAllister, Paul, 1875-1955, actor.
Paramount Pictures Corporation (1914-1927), film production company.
Kino Lorber, Inc., publisher.
- Publisher Number:
K22961 Kino Lorber Inc
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|